Monday, December 12, 2005

Buuzkrisss…!!!


Buuzkrisss…!!!

I hear this sound 2-3 times…..Daily.
First I though I was ‘hearing ‘ it…then I started realizing that I was actually hearing it.
When I touch an iron chair, a digital camera, a metal tap, the keys of my bike or a spoon.

My friends laughed at me….but that lasted only till the first one got a shock from me and I got the nick name ‘conductor’.

I was shocked,not just by static discharge through my body,but by the fact that such things could happen.
I was getting shocks, electric shocks from anything real to everything stupid.

I have read in newspapers and magazines about ‘human conductors’ who freely conduct electricity, people who can light bulbs and blow fuses,people who get a lightening to get refreshed,recharged..…living batteries.The frequency of my shocks of have been increasing since the past one month and I was sort of confused regarding my ‘Current Status” when I found the
The WEIRD SCIENCE database of ELECTRIC PEOPLE

“ARE YOU AN "ELECTRIC HUMAN" IN THE SEATTLE AREA? As a Seattle resident, do you get doorknob sparks even in the summer? Zap your loved ones? Kill all computers, wristwatches and light-dimmers? If so, would you be interested in playing with different ways to stop your static charges problem? I have some ideas for cures, but no victims on which to experiment! If you live in Seattle (or Tacoma, Bellingham, etc.), contact me …”

Though Im not from Seattle, I decided to splurge in and found out that im not the only one the problem.
Thousands all over the world are victims to the strange disease of Electrical Hypersensitivity Syndrome or EHS.

More research found out that having this strange disease is quite normal and the incidence of this will increase in the coming days…means more people are going to have it…

Known variously as electromagnetic hypersensitivity, electrical sensitivity, electrosensitivity, and a host of other terms, electromagnetic sensitivity syndrome (ES) is a physiological disorder characterized by symptoms directly brought on by exposure to electromagnetic fields. ES is a serious public health concern and the incidence of ES is growing.

The common cure include:

· Changing your shoe soles to another type (try leather)
· Raising the humidity in the room
· Spraying carpets, floors, and chairs with an antistatic coating
· Installing a balanced-polarity
ionizer fan
· Wearing metal-coated shoe soles (try alum. foil, but it's slippery)
· Wearing a grounded wire connected to a
wrist strap

As with the car keys, the problem can also be prevented by discharging your excess body-charge in some way that doesn't cause pain. This can be done by:

· Grabbing the metal car door as you climb out of the car.
· Holding your car keys, a coin, or a metal pen, touch it to grounded metal objects.
· Knocking your knuckles against doorknobs (fewer nerve endings, less pain.)
· Wearing a metal thimble, touch it to grounded objects.
· Installing conductive carpeting, then wearing an ankle-strap w/shoe plate.

Spin Space provides more details on this.

Its really strange..isn’t it.All weird things happening in the world

10 comments:

Shikha said...

I am shocked!!
I was getting shocks, electric shocks from anything real to everything stupid...that was funny:)

STALIN said...

me too.........!!

kannan udayarajan said...

shikha :) Its is shocking really..

stalin same here..

Shikha said...

Btw,I am a conductor too,but i dont get shocks from everything..mostly wet water taps

Ash said...

hi Kannan .....
Hey my friend too gets similar

shocks .......this morning he touched the lift button and then went aaaaooooooooch.....

the weather he says .......

Nice blog .....first time here

cya around

Ash

Nitika said...

its scary!!!!!
last time i got electric shock from bare wire....wooooooo nowadays i can't even think of touching coated wire...eeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr

informative post!!!!
take care kannan
bye

Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Wow! You do have a great-sounding condition! Jokes apart, do take care!

kannan udayarajan said...

shikha :) same pinch

ASH Thanks for the compliment...

nitika u 2 tc !!

AFK will do ! thanks and cheers !!

Gangadhar said...

Hi came here through aSh's comment on my blog..I'm getting similar shocks too....Good God,I've got a mate!!
Btw nice blog here..

kannan udayarajan said...

Gangadhar i read your post....good to see company!