Wednesday, February 15, 2006

death...!

Whoops…..!

I almost died…the blogger’s death…
I took a break from everything for three weeks ...and what do i find on coming back....

The world has changed beyond recognition....new posts,new bloggers...new links.... the world does move fast...

It was my sister's marriage and i had been to Kerala for two weeks...it was a welcome break from work..
But all along I had this thought bugging me...
When when when...when shall i post next...?
Blogging has become so important in life that everything else can wait...and in the past few days i realized how something which i started as a mere timepass a few months ago has become something about which Im deeply passionate and perhaps obsessed..

As a kid i used to have 'one day ' hobbies...like i will start collecting bus tickets one fine morning and if someone asks me ."Kutta..what are your hobbies....?"
Ill quip .."Aunty,I wanted to be the greatest Ticket collector in the world,I already have three..." and by the time i woke up the next day ill be collecting coconut husks...


Sometimes its lasted for a week... or a few months...
It was almost the same with almost everything....start...brag end...


But with time my hobbies changed along with me..They started growing with me...
numismatics...philately...antique collection...music...books...guns..
I still remember the day i bought my Gun home and wreaked havoc..
(Well that was what i brought with my first salary.. a gun...!! My mother behaved as though the world was coming to an end while my
father was proud of his son...)


I started blogging in October 2005...It would be better if i say "We started ..." It was along with my friend that i first started the experiments...

While I have been sort of a reluctant blogger she has become a very popular blogger with a large number of readers....
At first I thought.."Why the heck do people blog??"
The passion grew day by day...thoughts splashed on webpages...so many minds put open before the world...dreams..woes..fun and happiness..!!
Now whenever i see someone with a tensed face and cynical attitude..I think.."He 's got so much inside..should open up somewhere...maybe he should blog..."
Blogging seems to have remedial powers...perhaps an addictive effect too...


Now i ask ..."Why the heck dont people blog?"


8 comments:

Shikha said...

Welcome back:)..i feel like saying the same thing to certain people..'go on,take a break..make a blog'!

P.R.A.D said...

I totally agree with you on getting addicted to this blogging business.. By the way, itz one of the best articles I have read from your blog !!

My Ramblings... said...

Atlast! Was wondering where you had run off too!
"Why the heck dont people blog?"
Lol, ya why dont they?
You got a gun with your first sal? Hats off! :D

kannan udayarajan said...

shikha :))
prad thanks a lot buddy..that was way too generous...

MRIt was my sister's marriage ,three week break from everything else....
:)

Anoop said...

Welcome back pal....yeah u r right..blogging is addictive.
So u had a hobby of collecting coconut husks..would love to know more about it...how about a post on "The Intricacies and Art of collecting coconut husks"??????

Sphinx said...

Welcome back and keep blogging! No use asking, why people blog! We are addicts ;-)

sunrise said...

Perhaps blogging is an interesting activity one can do for expressing their wildest or creative thoughts to the outside world! ;-)

And sometimes to escape from the Mundane activities of human life.

susubala said...

I felt this post is lovely and true, b'cos when i started blogging, i too had all the same ramblings inside me.

Yeah, iam blog rolling u !