Monday, May 08, 2006

I miss..



We all miss a lot of things in life...pleasant moments of life..which may seem silly,stupid or illogical to others..

But in the treasurehouse of our memories,they linger on, events which eventually shaped us..thoughts which motivated us..and the life we lived and the life we relive through our memories...

thanks Anoop for tagging me...

I miss...

the days when as a kid i used to gaze upto the sky endlessly to never loose track of the stray aeroplane which flew over...wondering when ill fly.

the days when i chased butterflies in my backyard....yellow,white and a myriad of colours ...they were so beautiful

the evenings when i waited anxiously for my father to return from office...now he waits for me..

all the quarelling with my ammamma


the days when amma's fish curry was just enough for the family...

cuddling up with my sisters in the bed..listening to chinthu chechi's stories

the teachers who told me stories..who just loved us like their own kids

the lab i set up in the car shed..where everything from the search light to the atom bomb was reinvented

eating mangoes dipped in salt and red chilly powder along with Doney in my terrace..

the smokes i shared with Paul and vijeesh

getting drunk and singing with friends in college

the endless speeches i made in my college as an union leader

the fights ,strikes and suspensions ...

writing supplimentaries...

Trivandrum..

a lot...these pages wont suffice..my treasurehouse is big..

:)

15 comments:

Anoop said...

Who doesnt miss the suspensions and strikes:)
Will come over to ur lab one day!!!

Sphinx said...

fun read :-)

White Forest said...

Hey kannan..congrats...figured out today that you are enganged to shikha!

kannan udayarajan said...

anoop

welcome..!!

Sphinx
Thanks yaar..:)

White Forest

Thank you...!!
:)

Mriganayanii said...

charming, Mr. Kannan, absolutely. :))

Gangadhar said...

Dat's a nice read,Kannan..
And congrats on your engagement with Shikha...

kannan udayarajan said...

nayanii..

Thanks a lot...btw where were you for so long..?

Gangadhar

thanks..! saw your comments in shikha's blog...and thanks for the compliment.!

Ekta said...

Hey kannan,
Lovely list..very nostalgic...guess its the simple pleasures of life that we eventually miss the most!:-)

still_figuring_out said...

aahh.. a walk down memory lane..sweet.

kannan udayarajan said...

ekta

thanks yaar..ya its the simple pleasures of life that are the most valuable

SFO
:)

Keshi said...

I miss my dad...

Keshi.

kannan udayarajan said...

Keshi

Memories are the greatest gift Man ever got...

Anonymous said...

ur blog reminds me of kerala and strikes.. and the umpteen number of times i got caught there without any transport to TN..and how i wud miss my first day of school!!u brought back lotsa memories..

~Manju

Khushi said...

hmm... foot prints in the sand of time :)

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!